Sunday 4 June 2017

I'm coming back!

Over the past term and a half, I have been on study leave. I feel very lucky to have been able to take some time to research an area of teaching that I am really interested in - learning vocabulary. I have created a 6 week programme with the aim of developing young students' metacognitive awareness of vocabulary, as well as exploring the possibilities that a digital environment afford a teacher who is wanting to accelerate vocabulary acquisition in their students.

Here is the site I created for the programme.



I will be continuing my analysis and write-up through the second part of the year, and as of Tuesday, I will be returning to Pt England School to teach the beautiful Year 3 students of Room 24.

I am extremely grateful to Mia Szymanik who has been teaching Room 24 since the beginning of the year. She has done a wonderful job of teaching these children, and loving and caring for them and their whanau and aiga.

I am very excited to be returning to the classroom next week and cannot wait to see all the lovely faces of the children and parents from Room 24!

Ms Nalder x

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.